Tuesday 1 April 2014

Week 2 - 10.3.14

Today I set my focus on going through and editing the images from the shoot. I looked for images with the best composition of the people; long shots or medium long shots. As I didn't want to narrow my choices of subject down too much, I didn't have many 'beards' to choose from, so instead, I selected images that I thought showed personal style and character through the way that a person was dresses as well as the way that they walked or stood. Some images had the potential to be very successful, but the composure of the frame let them down. To fix this fault, that was caused by being too far from the subjects, I brought them to their fullest potential by cropping the images down.
Richard Eberhart who was an old American poet, once said "Style is the perfection of a point of view"
And that's what I aim to look for in the subjects that I photograph. I want to capture people that are passionate about the way that they present themselves, or perhaps are not passionate but, importantly, dress for themselves - making them stand out from the crowd with their fashion choices.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment